Riveredge Trail Map
(Please, No Pets Allowed)
New! Ski/Snowshoe Brochure and Map!
Riveredge Nature Center has over 10 miles of trails, 6 of which are, when possible, groomed and tracked for cross-country skiing (check the home page for weather updates or trails conditions.) These trails traverse ponds, creeks, the Milwaukee River, forests, fens, wet meadows, and prairies.
In order to assure trail quality and maintenance, there is a daily trail fee for non-members. Members cover this cost and hike/ski year ‘round with their annual membership dues of $40. The current fees for Non-Members are:
- Adults: $4.00
- Children ages 4—13: $2.00
- Children 3 & Under: Free
- Family: $12.00
All non-member trail users (hikers, skiers, and snowshoers) should purchase a trail pass at the visitor center or by using our pay envelopes found at the front door to the visitor center and at trailheads. The passes can be returned within one week for a rebate of up to $12 on the $40 membership price.
When hiking at Riveredge. Please remember these few simple rules:
- Hiking & Snowshoeing is permitted on ski trails but not on the ski tracks
- Non-members only must pay a nominal trail fee
- No dogs or other pets are allowed, other then guide dogs
- The fish have plenty to eat, please refrain from feeding
- Park your bike in the rack provided, bikes damage the trails
- Snowshoeing is allowed on RNC property across the river
- Refrain from smoking when in buildings and on grounds
- Take only pictures, leave only footprints
- Bathroom facilities in Visitor Center are available M-F 8am-5pm and on Saturday 12-4pm. Outhouse facilities also available. See trail map for location.
Hiking trails are open daily from dawn to dusk.
Riveredge Vistor Center Hours are as follows:
8am to 5pm Monday through Friday
9am to 4pm Saturdays
Noon to 4pm Sundays
Riveredge is located at 4458 County Rd. Y, Saukville, WI 53080. Click here for directions.
Phone: (262) 375-2715 / 1-800-287-8098
Weather related closings will be posted on TMJ4 at http://closings.620wtmj.com/
Note: Self-Guided Adventure Pack for Children, adults and families:
Looking for something fun to do while you hike the trails at Riveredge? Want to learn more about the land, plants and animals around you? Stop in at the front desk to pick up a Self-Guided Adventure Pack!
for a description of each of the different backpacks.
We currently have Adventure Packs for the following topics:
· Discover Your Senses (activities change seasonally)
· Winter Wildlife
· Trees: Follow the tree trail and enjoy activities for all ages
- Nutrient Cycles
- Glaciers, Geology, and the Oscar Grady Ruins